Grilled Lemon Peel Chicken Led with Milk Sauce:
It does not require many ingredients, nor too sophisticated skill.
Ingredients (serves 1 or 2 people)
1 whole chicken leg
1/2 lemon peel
30 g butter
3 garlic cloves
120 ml milk
1 batch sage leaves or any other fresh herbs available
1T olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Rub the chicken leg with salt and pepper, let it rest for 30 minutes.
2. Soften butter with olive oil in a frying pan until it totally melts. Sear chicken leg in the same pan, adding in garlic and herbs, turning it for two minutes until both sides of the chicken leg have turned golden.
3. Add lemon peel and milk, season lightly with salt and pepper. Put the whole pan into oven for 20 minutes at 180 C.
4. Take the pan out from oven, remove the leg, reduce the milk sauce until it thickens.
5. Presentation: pour sauce over the leg. Use some green herbs to decorate. Serve with mashed potato or sweet potato alongside the leg.
The resulting dish is a little creamy yet with hints of freshness. The herb flavor is infused with the milk taste, neither too heavy nor too light. You can spread some salt and black pepper onto it. This dish pairs perfectly with white wine.